Being healthy can make you happy, but to being happy can make you healthier? Yeah! People who enjoy life tend to have much better physical condition than those who do not.
When we are happy, our body secretes certain hormones (endorphins, serotonin, oxytocin, etc.) which are responsible for the state of happiness and, with their help our body heal faster and stay healthy longer.
Happiness and wellbeing are very important for a person to be able to function at full capacity. Over time, researchers have repeatedly shown positively impact of happiness on our welfare and emotional state on general health.
The happiness state and health status working side by side and depend one on another. When emotional health is affected, same happens to the physical one.
But we must not forget that feeling of happiness is not always coming alone but needs to be challenged with positive moments and optimistic thoughts.
Everyone has the power to improve their attitude about life and stimulate positive feelings. In other words, it’s imperative to take care of your soul, feeding it with joy and positive emotions, and if life does not bring you happiness, then you should to do it alone, no matter how small they may be. For example, these small joys might be: to hug someone, laugh often, to make gifts, to take care of a flower or an animal, to help someone, to dance or simply to be grateful for others and what gives your life in general.
TIPS to becoming a happy and healthier person:
- Happy people are optimistic, Focus on the positive aspects of your life and not negative ones!
- Happy people are happy for others – have no reason to be envious of other people.
- Happy people trust in themselves- have to do things for you, to help you evolve in life.
- Happy people forgive fast- only way that you can detach the desire for revenge is to forgive and to accept a person or situation exactly as it is.
- Happy people living in present – live intensively with everything that present gives you and create a future as you want it.
We all want to be happy, but the truth is people don’t always know how to define what makes them happy. Perhaps one of the definitions of happiness is: “Happiness means to have what you want, but to want what you have!” It’s easy!
Want what you have, exercise, get enough sleep, be thankful, love, help the others, laugh more, give hugs and you will be healthier!