S low metabolism is the first to be blamed when we not losing weight, and one of the main questions is how we accelerate our metabolism …? First, I must point out that metabolism itself cannot cause fattening and cannot prevent weight loss, this contributes to how calories consumed are burned and can influence body weight.
It depends on how we burn calories, assimilate fats, and transform nutrients from food into energy. It is very important to keep in mind that in drastic weight loss programs metabolism becomes degraded and becomes slower.
Some methods to stimulate metabolism:
- Drink water -Water can do wonders, because all metabolic processes need water.
- Consume high quality protein – it is very important to have a developed muscular mass. For this, you need to ensure your daily protein requirements, especially since after age of 25-30 metabolism slows down and you are more prone to fattening. Remember, the body needs more calories to break down proteins than it would be needed to burn carbohydrates and fats.
- Eat little and often. A healthy diet is very important to include, breakfast, lunch, dinner and two snacks. Ideal is to eat a little, every three hours.
- Consume fibre from vegetables and fruits– Fibre is needed for good digestion, stimulates intestinal transit and accelerates metabolic rate. I recommend broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, and seasonal greens rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
- Drink green tea – Green tea speeds up your metabolism and burns fat. To feel the difference, drink 2-3 cups of green tea every day – you will burn more calories and you will feel full of energy. Drink the unsweetened tea and add a slice of lemon or a little bit of ginger to it.
- Omega 3 – add this supplement because it increases the level of enzymes that burns fat and lowers the level of enzymes that store fat in the body. More specifically, it is a miracle for your body.
- Say NO to these foods: corn, wheat, sugar, soy, alcohol, artificial sweeteners and 0% fat foods.
- Work your muscles. Your muscle will not only grow by eating protein, so it is essential to do sports. Run, swim, play tennis and lift up loads! If you increase your muscle mass by at least a few percent, you will enjoy the benefits of a metabolism that burns more calories even while you sleep!
- Sleep enough. If too much sleep slows down your metabolism, the same thing happens in the case of lack of sleep.
It’s not easy to speed up our metabolism and hurry up burning calories, but it’s not impossible.