Seeds – “food of the future”. Yes, the seeds are a source of life, there are some foods that contain all the necessary nutrients the body, rich in dietary fiber, healthy fats, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, help you have a healthy body and a quick mind.
I will mention a few seeds that should not miss from your kitchen because it helps us to garnish salads and other foods that you prepare at home.
- Chia seeds are some of the most powerful, full of nutrients and functional foods in the world.
- Extremely rich in fiber and full of antioxidants, protein, minerals, vitamins and Omega-3 and Omega-6, chia are ideal for people who want to adopt a healthy lifestyle.
- Reduce joint pain, protects us from diseases such as diabetes or cardiac pathologies, help us lose weight and energizes us.
- Chia seeds contain no gluten, improves brain function and protects our liver.
- For example, chia seeds have five times more calcium than milk, 15 times more magnesium than broccoli and three times more iron than spinach. They help prevent skin aging, skin will have a special glow after regular consumption of chia seeds.
- Full of nutrients that moderates blood sugar levels. They contain about 30% protein, 42% fat and 15% carbohydrates.
- In addition, it was found to have a high content of fatty acids Omega 3 and Omega 6.
- These substances are extremely beneficial for heart health, helps brain development in children, reduce inflammation in the body and relieves joint pain, lowers cholesterol by regulating blood cell.
- Hemp seeds have miraculous effects on skin health, and heart health. You can use them in salads, smoothies, cereals and yogurt.
- Pumpkin seeds are highly alkaline and rich in protein.
- Have a high content of vitamin B helps to reduce depression due to a chemical compound called L-tryptophan.
- They are excellent for the skin and for treating acne, and that the rich content of zinc, selenium, vitamin E and fatty acids. Also, these seeds have one of the highest doses of phytosterols, compounds that fight cholesterol and helps those who eat very fatty maintain heart health.
- Pumpkin seeds are also a solution for people who have kidney stones because they prevent the formation of calcium oxalate stones.
- Flaxseed contribute to the necessary omega 3 fatty acids in the body.
- A study by the American Heart Association shows that constant consumed flaxseed may help lower blood pressure.
- Contain both soluble fiber and insoluble. Also they are full of phytochemicals, which include powerful antioxidants.
- Flax seeds are also one of the best sources of lignin, substances that balances hormone levels in women.
- Therefore, flaxseed plays a key role in the fight against breast cancer, fertility problems and pre-menstrual symptoms.
- They are used both in cooking and in traditional medicine because of nutritional, preventive and curative incredible properties.
- Delicious, flavorful and crunchy, they are an excellent source of copper, magnesium, calcium, iron, vitamin B, zinc, phosphorus and dietary fiber.
- Sesame seeds contain unique substances belonging to a group of fibers for reducing cholesterol and blood pressure.
- Have very beneficial properties for children in their growth due to quality amino acids and proteins.
Let your food be your medicine and medicine be your food.” Hippocrates